C# Sample Client
This sample console application was written in C# using
Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition. It demonstrates the following:
- Developing with a Service Reference generated
from the Luminate Online WSDL.
Storing and using configuration properties in
- Logging request and response messages to a file for
- Calling the Login operation and retrieving the
- Starting a synchronization session.
- Uploading constituent records from an XML data file.
- Downloading constituent records to an XML data
- Querying for cross-references and building a lookup
- Downloading donation records to an XML data file,
resolving the cross-reference for each record.
To try out the sample:
to your local computer and extract it.
Start Visual Studio and choose Open Project... from the File
menu. Navigate to the extracted directory and open
- In the Solution Explorer pane, expand the Service References
- Delete the existing 'Convio' service reference, and add a new one by
right-clicking on Service Reference: 'Add Service Reference'.
- In the Address field specify the URL corresponding to your site's WSDL.
Back in the Solution Explorer, double-click on
and edit the user name, password, and log file location.
- Press F5 to run the sample in Debug mode.